Students can expect to be spending an hour each school night revising their Knowledge Organisers, or doing Maths and English skills based work; which will be used within their lessons. New Oranisers will be shared every six weeks for them to be revising from. At the end of every 6 week block students will be tested on the knowledge learnt and some of the previous learning and parents will be informed of the mark they achieve out of 40. From time to time other homework may be set and communicated to you via INSIGHT.
Tips for Students
- You must follow your homework timetable for which subject to revise on which night.
- You must show your revision in your Knowledge Organiser Workbook.
- The Workbook needs to come to school every day.
- Always check the INSIGHT account for any additional homework, keep notes in your calendar with alerts and alarms and use the camera facility of the iPad.
- If you don’t understand the homework – tell the teacher (you won’t be the only one).
- Do your homework as soon as you get home in a quiet place. If this is not possible, use the homework rooms at lunchtimes, or the Library.
- Don’t leave homework to the last minute.
- Always hand homework in on time.
- If you are struggling, talk to the teacher, get help or ask for an extension.
- Pack your bag for school the night before.
- If you need to print homework off and have no printer either, send it to the teacher’s postbox or put on a memory stick to print off at school. Also, most teachers are happy for homework to be e-mailed to them.
The Homework Policy is currently under review and will be published here when finalised. Please check back soon.