These courses are set out to give students the knowledge and skills necessary for students to make informed choices about:
- Their health and lifestyle
- Their environment
- Their future
- Their rights and responsibilities
Please see the attached calendars below for the teaching forecasts; so you know which area of Health, Citizenship and Careers Education your child is currently studying.
If you would like a more detailed description of what your student will learn within the Health Education, Careers and Citizenship curriculum then please see the documents at the bottom of this webpage.
Some of the topics covered include;
[table “5” not found /]
The curriculum is enhanced by regular visits from health professionals and people with expertise in business and industry.
- School Nurse Visit and Drop ins
- Careers Advisor Visit and Interviews
- Drama Workshops by Theatre Groups (bulling, anti-violence, drugs)
- World of Work Day (visitors, shadowing a parent at work)
- Curriculum Theme Days
- Visits to Universities, Colleges, Clothes Shows
- Visits and opportunities to meet and interview Loughborough University Students