- Their health and lifestyle
- Their environment
- Their future
- Their rights and responsibilities
Please see the attached calendars below for the teaching forecasts; so you know which area of Health, Citizenship and Careers Education your child is currently studying.
If you would like a more detailed description of what your student will learn within the Health Education, Careers and Citizenship curriculum then please see the documents at the bottom of this webpage.
Some of the topics covered include;
|7 Topics||8 Topics||9 Topics|
|Assertiveness||Drugs Education||Research using the Careers Database and Internet qualifications framework and route ways|
|Decision Making Skills||Sex and Relationships Education||Meeting and knowing the schools Careers Adviser and Nurse|
|Self-awareness & Self-esteem||Parliament, Government and Law||Looking at the job market locally and how to identify strengths, aspiration and action planning for the future.|
|Information on how to live a Healthy Lifestyle||Anti-bullying||Students strive for a Careers Development Unit Award (CDU)|
|Sex and Relationships Education||Parenting||Students learn about contraception and sexually transmitted diseases as part of a course on their development. Taught from a relationships and personal safety standpoint.|
|Substances Education (Alcohol and Smoking Awareness)||Rights and Responsibilities||Drugs education continues and includes a Police visit|
The curriculum is enhanced by regular visits from health professionals and people with expertise in business and industry.
- School Nurse Visit and Drop ins
- Careers Advisor Visit and Interviews
- Drama Workshops by Theatre Groups (bulling, anti-violence, drugs)
- World of Work Day (visitors, shadowing a parent at work)
- Curriculum Theme Days
- Visits to Universities, Colleges, Clothes Shows
- Visits and opportunities to meet and interview Loughborough University Students