Apollo Partnership Trust (APT) was established in November 2017. Governance of ATP has three levels of accountability, overview and scrutiny: the Apollo Member Board, the Trust Board (MAT) and its Committees and Local Academy Governing Bodies (LGBs).
Full details of Trust Governance can be found at www.apollopartnershiptrust.uk/governance/
In summary the governance arrangements of the Trust are determined by the Articles of Association of the Trust. These provide three ties of Governance :
Members – with ultimate responsibility for the Trust achieving its charitable objectives. Amongst other Members hold the Trust Board to account for effective delivery of strategy in accordance with the values, vision and ethos of the Trust.
Trustees – together with the Chief Executive, Trustees form the Trust MAT Board, responsible for strategic direction, policy performance. The Board holds the Executive to account for the effective delivery of policy and strategy and ensure compliance with company and charity law and with the Trust’s funding agreement with the Secretary of State.
Principles of Trust Governance
The Trust Board is committed to key governance principles and good practice including the principles and regulations of the Academies Financial Handbook. These include
- annual self-review off effectiveness;
- a Scheme of Delegation (“the Scheme”) – this sets out who is responsible for policy and operational decision making and the authority (Terms of Reference) delegated to Board Committees, including Local Governing Bodies (LGB) by the Board. The Scheme is underpinned by a system of assurance reporting.
- There are four Trust Board Committees –(Audit and Risk, People and Remuneration, Finance and Resources and Performance and Standards). An overview and summary of the Terms of Reference of each of these Committees is available on the Trust website. Annual Business Plans are agreed and in place for each Committee and LGB.
- Local Governing Bodies – are technically also Committees of the Board, overseeing and providing assurance to the Board as to the effectiveness of local academy governance.
Strategic (Board level) and operational (Local Governing Body level) risk management arrangements
Newbridge Local Governing Body:
- The Newbridge School Local Governing Body – Constitution and Membership
- LGB Terms of Reference and Delegations
Trustee and Governor Attendance and Declarations of Interest
Resignations during the year : none