How do I access my Knowledge Organiser & Timetable:
You can access your Knowledge Organiser & Timetable using the links below or by logging into insight.
They are stored on google drive – so you must log in with your school google email address and password.
How do I use my Knowledge Organiser:
How it will work:
Every six weeks we will issue you will electronically (or on paper if they don’t have an ipad) a Knowledge Organiser. This contains all the knowledge that you will be learning in class and will be referred to throughout.
- You should 1 hour, 5 days a week revising 1 or 2 of the subjects as directed by your homework timetable (found below), or completing Doddle or mymaths work.
- Teachers may direct you to learn certain parts of their organiser each week, they will inform you of this via Insight in the normal way.
- In lessons the teachers will give them mini quizzes along the way to help them see how they are doing.
- At the end of the 6 weeks in each subject they will receive a 40 mark test of the knowledge learnt including 2 longer exam style questions worth 10 marks applying the knowledge.
- These tests marks will be reported to you, so you can see how well they are doing.
- The ‘other’ on the timetable is so teachers can set other work from time to time where necessary, this will be communicated via Insight, English doddle is set fortnightly and Mymaths is a half termly project for them to work on.
How to do the revision:
You will be given an A4 exercise book in which you should do the revision for all subjects in. Half a page for each subject and they can revise using the suggested techniques shown in class and by using the ‘Knowledge Organiser Guide’. You must bring your workbook to school everyday to show the relevant teacher their work.
The techniques covered here will help you revise: