|Year 7 Rewards Leaders||Year 8 Rewards Leaders||Year 9 Rewards Leaders|
The Rewards System
The rewards system is designed to give students a sense of belonging and community, teach and reward the behaviours, skills and qualities that will help them to be successful at school, in further education and beyond. It also encourages them to become involved in activities and to go on to be active citizens in later life.
Pupils are awarded with reward points for a variety of reasons including:
- Good work
- Participation in class
- Behaviour – using good manners and conforming to expectations
- Having the planner signed each week by a parent/carer
- 100% attendance each week
- Good citizenship
- Involvement in extra-curricular work
- Attending homework club
- And many more
Every 6 weeks a BONUS rewards challenge will take place for extra points for all students during the Thursday tutor time period.
The class teacher will decide what they will award points for, there will be a list in each classroom. It varies by subject
but all teachers will be fair and consistent across all the classes they teach.
The class tutor will award 5 points per week for:
- Wearing full and correct uniform all week
- Bringing a reading book and reading nicely
- Using your planner well and having it signed
- Behaving well in tutor time all week
- Walking to and from assemblies quietly and sensibly
That’s about 30 pts per block and 190 pts per year!
Students will also get 1 point for 100% attendance and being on time all week.
If ALL of the tutor group get 100% attendance and no lates they ALL get a bonus point too!
You can also earn points for:
- Taking part in sports teams and fixtures for the school
- Inter-form (the higher place you finish in, the more points you get)
- Attending clubs (1 point per session attended)
- Leadership responsibilities (up to 5 points)
- Being a librarian
- Promptly returning loaned library books
In addition, at the end of each block, we will award BONUS points to students who have met our BONUS challenge. You can even be a REWARDS LEADER (pictured above).
Rewards Leaders have special duties in making sure that points are being given out in a fair and constant manner. They also help to audit and check prizes and attend meetings once a block to put forward useful ideas and suggestions to further improve the system.
Furthermore, being part of the student reward leader group means they get even more chances to earn reward points by taking part in meetings, helping to create display boards and helping to hand out prizes.
Students will be able to choose from a selection of prizes every 6 week block when they reach a certain threshold:
- 70 points
- 110 points
- 170 points
- 200 points
For details of prizes available, students will need to log into the INSIGHT system where they will be able to view and select a prize when they have enough points available. Save points for bigger and better prizes!
Instead of claiming a prize/gift, some students choose to:
- Carry forward their points to the next block so that they can get a better prize next time e.g. a table tennis bat instead of ping pong balls
- Donate their points to charity when the school will convert their points into money and donate to the school council’s current good cause.
End of Year Trip:
The points from all 6 blocks are added up and the tutor group with the most points in each year gets the chance to go on an end of year trip. The trips can be places such as Ten-Pin Bowling, Ice Skating at the Snowdome, Alton Towers or Drayton Manor Theme Park!
As well as the points system:
Newbridge particularly wants to recognise the hundreds of students who behave well in lessons so that they (and other students) learn, achieve, enjoy their lessons and make progress.
Every student deserves to be taught in a lesson where:
- Students listen attentively
- Keep their hands, feet, and unkind words to themselves
- Students encourage others and contribute in a positive way
- Students can enjoy their learning
No stage 3’s all block equals a free non- uniform day the following Monday AND an early lunch in the diner for each year group winners.