Newbridge High School is proud of its energy, enthusiasm and excellence.
Not only do we create a thriving learning community in which every individual can achieve their highest standards we are also a school which recognises that our excellent sporting and community facilities should be used by the whole community.
Opening our facilities to the community has enabled a wide range of clubs and groups, no matter how small, to grow and develop. Local businesses have also benefitted by using our existing sports facilities.
In the year Jan-Dec 2016 we welcomed over 51,000 community users. We are now very excited to introduce the opportunity of locating an Athletics Track with associated facilities at Newbridge High School.
Why the area needs this facility?
North West Leicestershire does not currently have any facilities of this nature. There is a need for a quality running track and associated athletic facilities to support talent development for young people, adults, less abled persons, para athletes and targeted groups within this area. Based in the heart of North West Leicestershire it will provide growth for clubs and associations leading to lifelong participation in sport
Sport England supports the following aims:
- Increase the number of people taking part in sport and decrease the number of people who are physically inactive.
- Increase the proportion of young people / adults / less abled who have a positive attitude to sport and being active.
- Make sure public facilities are used fully and effectively by communities.
- Increase the number of adults using the great outdoors for exercise and wellbeing.
England Athletics supports the following:
- The growth of opportunities for everyone to experience athletics and running to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Opportunities that expand the capacity of athletics to sustain and increase participation, performance levels and influence participation in the wider athletics market.