Activities Week at Newbridge is one special week during the Summer Term when the normal school timetable is put to one side so that each student has the chance to take part in something very different.
This Year: Monday 9th July 2018 – Thursday, 12th July 2018
All the courses last for 4 days. This means that a student stays with the same staff and group for the four days which gives them the opportunity to become fully involved in an activity whilst gaining new skills and experiences within a stable group.This is part of our enrichment curriculum that we have held onto over the years and valued for very important reasons:
- It provides a safe, structured opportunity where our young people can enjoy new experiences and gain new skills.
- It gives them confidence to achieve in different year groups.
- It gives the chance to be active, to participate, take on responsibility and show maturity.
- It is a time to find out about new interests, hobbies and places to visit that will make you more aware of what you can do in the future.
- The whole week is one of sharing, learning together, getting on with people in an atmosphere of trust and with a huge sense of fun.
For Activities Week 2018, the courses on offer are as follows:
- Adrenaline Junkie
- All Creatures Great Small
- Wizards, Muggles and Magic
- Treat Yourself
- Budget Cookery
- Soap Box GO-KART
- Community Sport
- Creative Crafts
- Horse Stable Management
- Mission Impossible
- Survivor – Camping
- Theatre Week
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports
Browse our Activities Week Booklet – or download below
After the deadline for choices you will be informed as to which activity/course you have been allocated to, Parents/Carers will need to sign a permission slip and send it to school with the deposit, no place is guaranteed until we have received the deposit.
Groups will have short meetings on several occasions before July to plan and prepare for Activities Week.
Until students are told officially that they are on a particular activity they should not bring any money to school.
Dates for the Diary:
Allocations known by: Wednesday 8th November 2017.
Deposits in by: Wednesday 6th December 2017.
All money must be paid in full by Tuesday 10th April 2018.
NOTE: The deposit is included in the cost of all activities.
Payment for the Activity can be paid via ParentPay. Should you wish to activate this option, please call the school Office to do so. You may also pay in installments using this method.
If you prefer a manual system, your child will be issued with a paying-in card after the deposit has received, please send payments into school with the card for record keeping purposes.
If you have any enquiries over costs and help towards payments please contact Mrs Greene Or Mrs Thompson 01530 831561
Below you will find our Activities Week presentation and booklet: